Die Original Sound of Music Tour
Are you a fan of The Sound of Music? Then you can't miss this tour!
Relive with us the making-of the ‚Sound of Music‘ movie in and around Salzburg. This tour, which has been Salzburg’s most popular tour since 1967, is a combination of both historical Salzburg and the breathtaking Lakes and Mountains region. Our guide will show you many of the film locations from the ‘Sound of Music’ and share not only background stories of the movie but also the history and culture of the region. Find out with us whether the hills of Salzburg truly are alive with the ‘Sound of Music’ as you listen to the original movie Soundtrack along the way.
The whole tour is held in English!
Please meet us at Mirabellplatz / Corner Hubert-Sattler-Gasse 1, 5020 Salzburg (Panorama Tours Bus Terminal) some minutes before the tour starts and show your ticket.
- Mirabell Gardens: Shown in many scenes including where Maria and the children sang ‘Do-Re-Mi’.
- The Gazebo: Where Rolf and Liesl sang ‘Sixteen Going on Seventeen’ and Maria and the Baron sang ‘Something Good’.
- Palace of Leopoldskron: This historical palace and its ground provided many filming locations including the lake where the boating scene took place.
- Nonnberg Abbey: This historical abbey was used both in the movie and the true story. In real life Maria and the Baron where married here in 1927.
- St. Gilgen/Lake Wolfgang: This picturesque area was featured in the opening sequence of the movie. The village of St. Gilgen is situated directly across from the famous Schafberg mountain.
- Church of Mondsee: The Sound of Music Wedding Church. This historical church of Mondsee was the location of the movie wedding between Maria and the Baron.
- 4 hours
- 09:15 AM & 14:00 PM
Mirabellplatz / Ecke Hubert-Sattler-Gasse 1,